So, you’re committed to adopting renewable energy, and you’re on the hunt for the Best Solar Panels in India. We get it—the sheer number of options can be dizzying.
Questions like, ‘Which brand can I trust?’ or ‘What specs should I focus on?’ are probably swirling in your mind. That’s why we’re here to help.
This guide sifts through the top solar panel brands in India for 2023, comparing their efficiency, durability, and performance. It’s not just about powering your home; it’s about investing in a brand that stands for a sustainable future.
Let’s Explore Your Top Options!
Types of Solar Panels
In India, two main types of solar power systems are predominantly used in homes, offices, and residential buildings:
1. Grid-Tied Solar Power System
This system links directly to the electricity grid. It generates power during the day, and any surplus is sent back to the grid, often earning you credits. It’s a cost-effective choice but requires a stable grid connection.
2. Off-Grid Solar Power System
Operating independently, this system stores extra energy in batteries for use when the sun isn’t shining. It’s a fit for areas with unstable or no grid access and is often more expensive due to the cost of batteries.
After diving into the world of grid-tied and off-grid solar systems, you might be wondering, On-Grid and Off-Grid Solar System – What’s the Difference? Don’t worry; we’ve got you covered in another comprehensive guide.
Consider the Factors When Buying Solar Panels
Before you invest in the best solar panels for home use in India, it’s vital to consider several key factors. Our comprehensive list is a one-stop resource:
- Energy Needs: Evaluate your energy consumption to decide the size and number of panels you need.
- Budget: Plan a budget that includes not just the panels but also installation and upkeep.
- Location: Think about how much sunlight your location receives throughout the year.
- Quality: Look for established brands known for their durability and efficient performance.
- Efficiency: Go for panels with top efficiency ratings to get the most energy out of your system.
- Warranty: Examine the manufacturer’s warranty for promises regarding durability and performance.
- Installation: Opt for a seasoned installer proficient in solar panel installations.
- Incentives: Research government incentives and subsidies that can reduce your initial investment.
Armed with this information, you’re now better equipped to choose the best solar panels that align with your needs and ethical values. It’s a win-win for you and the planet.
Before making your investment in solar panels, you’ll likely ponder how to manage the costs. Check out our guide on Solar Financing – Everything You Need to Know to help you navigate the financial aspects.
List of Best Solar Panels in India 2023
Here is the list of some reputable solar panel brands in India:
1. Tata Solar – Polycrystalline Solar panels
Tata Solar is India’s largest and most trusted solar panel manufacturer, serving homes, residential areas, and industries.
They are instrumental in India’s sustainable solar power growth, offering top-quality and affordable solar panels for homes.
Tata Solar is known for satisfying customer requirements, both in India and internationally. They offer poly, mono, and multi-crystalline solar panels for off-grid and on-grid systems that are efficient and durable.
All-in-all, Tata Solar is a solar energy leader that makes it affordable.
Here are the specifications of Tata Polycrystalline Solar Panels:
- The efficiency of Tata Polycrystalline Solar panels typically ranges from 15% to 18%, depending on the specific module and whether it is intended for off-grid or on-grid solar systems.
- Tata Solar panels weigh between 19 kg to 22 kg, with variations depending on the specific model and intended use. Some panels may be designed for residential (homes) use, while others are suitable for industrial applications.
- Tata Solar provides a 25-year performance warranty for their solar panels, adhering to industry norms in India. This warranty ensures that the panels maintain their performance levels over an extended period.
- These panels can function from 44 to 85 degrees Celsius, making them suited for Indian climates.
Tata Polycrystalline Solar panels are durable and efficient components for Indian solar power systems. These specifications describe its essential features.
2. REC Solar – Monocrystalline Solar Panels
REC Group is a major European player founded in Norway. It holds a significant market share in India’s solar services industry.
Committed to eco-friendly solutions, they offer a range of solar panels, including Hydro junction, Mono crystalline P-type, and N-type options. REC Group stands out in India with competitively priced rooftop solar panels boasting extended warranties.
Their product lineup caters to both off-grid and on-grid applications, making them a top choice for residential solar solutions in the country
Here are the key specifications of REC Monocrystalline Solar Panels:
- REC Solar panels offer an efficiency rating that varies between 16% and 21.7% across different modules. This variation caters to both off-grid and on-grid solar systems.
- The weight of REC Solar panels ranges from 20 kg to 27 kg, depending on the specific models designed for residential use.
- REC Solar panels come with an impressive warranty claim ratio, and they typically provide a 25-year performance warranty for solar power systems in India. This warranty underscores the reliability of REC Solar panels.
- They are designed to operate within a temperature range of 44 to 85 degrees Celsius, making them suitable for various environmental conditions in India.
These specifications indicate REC Mono crystalline Solar Panels’ efficiency, durability, and warranty coverage, making them a trustworthy choice for Indian solar installations.
3. Loom Solar – Monocrystalline Loom Solar Panels
Loom Solar is headquartered in NCR and was established in 2018. It has gained popularity in India for producing reliable Monocrystalline solar panels, grid-connected systems, battery backup solutions, inverters, and various solar accessories at highly competitive prices.
Their Monocrystalline modules are considered among the best solar panels for home installations in India.
These A-grade modules cater to rooftop solar needs, and Loom Solar’s exceptional service and quality have propelled it to become one of India’s fastest-growing startups over the past two years.
Here are the key specifications of Loom Solar Monocrystalline Solar Panels:
- Loom Solar Monocrystalline Solar Panels can achieve an impressive efficiency of up to 22% in various lighting conditions, ensuring high energy production.
- Each individual Monocrystalline Solar Panel module has a weight of approximately 3 kilograms, making them relatively lightweight and easy to handle during installation.
- Loom Solar offers a product warranty of almost 10 years and a performance warranty of 25 years for their Monocrystalline Solar Panels when used in solar power systems in India. This warranty guarantees the panels’ reliability and performance over an extended period.
- These Monocrystalline Solar Panels work well from 44 to 85 degrees Celsius. This lets them work in different weather.
These specs show Loom Solar’s Monocrystalline Solar Panels’ efficiency, durability, and reliability, making them suited for Indian solar power systems.
4. Solar Mono Perc PV Module 390w 24v
Microtek’s 390W 24V Mono Crystalline Solar PV Module represents a premium offering in the field of solar panels. It is available on Microtek’s reputable e-commerce platform, known for delivering high-quality solar solutions.
These solar modules are crafted using top-notch materials and advanced techniques, meeting industry standards. Microtek meticulously sources materials from trusted vendors after thorough market analysis.
Renowned for their excellence, Microtek’s solar products are highly regarded in the market. They are committed to providing exceptional quality in their range of solar panels.
Here are the key features of Loom Solar Monocrystalline Panels in a concise format:
- A-grade solar cells for minimal degradation and increased energy production.
- Panels undergo 100% EL testing before and after lamination to ensure they are free of micro-cracks, ensuring long-term durability.
- Utilizes innovative photovoltaic technology for high conversion efficiency, maximising energy generation.
- Modules are PID (Potential-Induced Degradation) free, ensuring long-term reliability and performance.
- Panels come with anti-reflective coating glass for improved light absorption.
- Equipped with IP67/IP68-rated junction boxes for long-term weather endurance and protection.
These features highlight the quality, reliability, and efficiency of Loom Solar’s Monocrystalline Panels. Always refer to the manufacturer’s documentation for detailed specifications and product-specific information.
5. Havells 330W Poly Crystalline Solar PV Module
The Havells 330W Polycrystalline Solar PV Module is an innovative and efficient solution for generating electricity.
Its 330-watt capacity makes it a cheap option to generate power and lower electricity expenses. It transports easily and is lightweight and easy to install.
The advanced design features spacious bus bars for optimal cell efficiency. With a 10-year product warranty and 25-year performance guarantee, it’s a durable and heat-resistant choice for reliable power generation on sunny days, saving you money in the long run.
Given below are some of the key features of this solar panel:
- Equipped with coated anti-reflective glass, enhancing light absorption and energy efficiency.
- AR-coated and PID-tested cells ensure reliable and long-lasting performance.
- Capable of withstanding hail impact velocities of up to 23 meters per second (m/s).
- Designed for both on-grid and off-grid solar applications, providing flexibility in installation options.
Do solar panels require a lot of maintenance in India’s climate?
Solar panels generally require minimal maintenance. Cleaning them periodically and checking for debris is usually sufficient to ensure optimal performance, even in India’s climate.
What is the Top Best Solar Panel Brand in India?
The best solar panel brand can vary based on your specific needs and preferences. Tata Power Solar, RED, and Havells Solar are among the reputable brands known for their quality panels in India.
Which is Better: 12V or 24V Solar Panels?
The choice between 12V and 24V solar panels depends on your system voltage requirements. 24V panels are often used for larger systems, while 12V panels are suitable for smaller setups like RVs and boats. Choose the voltage that aligns with your system design.
Which Type of Solar Panel Is Best for Home Use in India?
The choice of the finest house solar panel depends on money, space, and location. Homeowners favour monocrystalline panels for their efficiency, although polycrystalline panels are cheaper.
In 2023, the solar panel market in India continues to flourish with innovative offerings from both domestic and global manufacturers. Industry leaders such as REC Solar, Tata Power Solar, and Havells maintain their reputation for quality and efficiency.
As consumers increasingly prioritise sustainability and renewable energy, the best solar panels in India not only offer high efficiency and durability but also align with the nation’s clean energy goals.
As you assess the long-term financial returns of solar panels, you might be keen to understand the investment landscape for 2023. Dive into our piece, What is the Golden Rule of Investment in 2023? for insights.
Ready to make a smart and sustainable investment? Speak with the experts at SustVest to accelerate your journey into renewable energy. We offer a new generation of investment opportunities that yield both financial and environmental returns. Contact SustVest Today.
Founder of Sustvest
Hardik completed his B.Tech from BITS Pilani. Keeping the current global scenario, the growth of renewable energy in mind, and people looking for investment opportunities in mind he founded SustVest ( formerly, Solar Grid X ) in 2018. This venture led him to achieve the ‘Emerging Fintech Talent of the Year in MENA region ‘ in October 2019.